Risotto with Roasted Pumpkin and Feta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush a baking dish with olive oil.
- Place pumpkin in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm. Transfer pumpkin to baking dish, and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan. Cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in rice, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing all the liquid to be absorbed before adding more broth. Continue cooking until the rice is tender to the tooth, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When roasted pumpkin is almost done, place feta on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until the cheese is hot, and is beginning to melt along the edges.
- Mash 1/2 of the pumpkin, and stir into risotto with spinach. Ladle risotto into bowls, and top with remaining pumpkin cubes and heated feta.
Editor’s Note:Please note differences in ingredient amounts and total time when following the magazine version of this recipe. The magazine version also includes fresh oregano as a seasoning and toasted pumpkin seeds for garnishing.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Risotto with Roasted Pumpkin and Feta on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Risotto with Roasted Pumpkin and Feta