- Combine rice, garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Pour in butter. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and transfer into a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil an oven-safe skillet or roasting pan.
- Loosen the skin on the top of the chicken near the legs, enough to allow a small rubber spatula to slide between the breast meat and the skin. Slowly push the spatula under the skin on either side of the breastbone, all the way to the front of the chicken, trying not to make the opening near the cavity too large.
- Stuff the chilled rice mixture evenly under the skin, one spoonful at a time, pushing it to the front as you go to get an even layer of rice on either side of the breastbone. Stuff as much as you can fit under the skin without tearing it, smoothing and shaping as you work, and then place the rest of the rice into the cavity.
- Place the chicken into the prepared roasting pan. Tie the legs together with a piece of kitchen string and season the skin with remaining salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove to a plate or cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, add vinegar to the fat and drippings in the skillet or roasting pan and set it over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil while scraping all the caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil to reduce slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Strain if preferred. Serve with sliced chicken, garlic rice, and crispy skin.
Chef’s Notes:You can use any vinegar and herbs of your choice.You can serve without the pan sauce if you like.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Roast Chicken with Garlic Rice on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Roast Chicken with Garlic Rice