- Combine warm milk, yeast, and 1 teaspoon sugar in a large bowl; stir well. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a bubbly foam, about 5 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 cup sugar and lemon zest into the yeast mixture. Whisk in 2 eggs and egg yolks, 1 at time, mixing well after each addition. Add salt. Stir in flour gradually. Add melted butter and blend well. Knead dough until glossy and elastic, about 10 minutes. Form into a ball and place in a large, lightly-oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Place poppy seeds in a small pot and cover with 1 cup milk or more as needed. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and let sit, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain milk. Pulse poppy seeds in a food processor, or leave them as is. Add raisins, egg whites, honey, 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts, and 3 1/2 tablespoons butter to poppy seeds and stir to combine for the filling.
- Punch down dough, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Divide dough in half and roll one portion into a 10-inch sheet. Cover with 1/2 the filling, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch edge. Roll up into a log. Repeat with the second half.
- Arrange both rolls onto a greased baking sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush mixture over tops of rolls.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cook’s Note:You can use 1/4 cup fresh yeast instead of the dried yeast, if liked.Any kind of nuts will do.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Roll with Poppy Seeds from Russia on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Roll with Poppy Seeds from Russia