- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix milk, mashed potatoes, shortening, sugar, and salt together in a bowl; add yeast mixture and egg. Stir in 2 cups flour until incorporated. Stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups flour to make a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 7 minutes. Place dough into a lightly greased bowl and turn once to coat all sides with oil. Cover the bowl and set in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into a ball. Cover the bowl and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease two baking sheets.
- Shape dough into 24 rolls. Place rolls onto the prepared baking sheets and let rise until dough springs back when you touch the side of a roll with your fingertip, 25 to 40 minutes.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
TipsYou can substitute 5 tablespoons unsalted butter for the 1/4 cup vegetable shortening if you like.
Variation:After Step 5, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut out 4-inch diameter circles, brush each circle with a mixture of melted butter and olive oil, fold in half, and bake as directed. Brush the tops of the warm rolls again with more of the butter-oil mixture.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Rolls made with potatoes on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Rolls made with potatoes