Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Corn, and Feta
Heirloom Tomato, Corn, and Feta Salad
Published on September 29, 2020
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon white sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 ears fresh corn, shucked
4 large heirloom tomatoes
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper for vinaigrette together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add corn, cover, and steam until just slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the corn is steaming, core each tomato and cut crosswise into 4 thick slices.
- Carefully remove corn from the pot and remove kernels by running a knife down the sides of the ears.
- Place one tomato slice on each of 4 plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette (using up about 1/3). Top with a little feta cheese and onion, then sprinkle with corn kernels, basil, and chives. Continue layering the ingredients, ending with a tomato slice, herbs, and cheese to garnish.
- Let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Corn, and Feta on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Corn, and Feta