Are you in need of a delicious and hassle-free dinner idea? Look no further than this easy-to-make Salsa Verde Beef Taco Salad recipe. With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can have a hearty and flavorful meal waiting for you when you arrive home. This recipe, developed and tested by the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen, promises to satisfy your taste buds and make your evenings more relaxed.
- 1 ½ pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups salsa verde
- 1 11-ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 6-8 cups chopped lettuce
- Assorted toppings, such as crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sliced black olives, chopped tomatoes, and/or pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Break the ground beef into bite-size pieces and place them in a 3 1/2- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the pinto beans and salsa to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, stirring in the corn during the last 5 minutes.
- Divide the chopped lettuce among salad bowls and top it with the cooked meat mixture.
- If desired, garnish with your favorite toppings such as crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sliced black olives, chopped tomatoes, and pickled jalapeño peppers.
- Alternatively, you can use a slotted spoon to serve the meat mixture if you prefer less liquid in your salad.
This Salsa Verde Beef Taco Salad is not only delicious but also provides essential nutrients. Here’s the nutritional breakdown per serving:
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 12g
- Carbs: 25g
- Protein: 28g
- Sodium: 778mg
- Vitamin C: 12.5mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Potassium: 636mg
Please note that these values may vary depending on the specific brands and ingredients you use. The % Daily Value (DV) indicates how much a nutrient in a serving contributes to a daily diet based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
TACO SALAD RECIPE | easy, healthy and customizable to all diets
Tips and Variations
- Feel free to customize your Salsa Verde Beef Taco Salad with your preferred toppings. You can add crushed tortilla chips for extra crunch, shredded cheese for creaminess, sliced black olives for a briny flavor, chopped tomatoes for freshness, or pickled jalapeño peppers for a spicy kick.
- If you’re watching your calorie intake, you can opt for lighter toppings or reduce the amount of dressing you use.
- This recipe serves approximately six people, but you can easily adjust the quantities to suit your needs.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Simply reheat the meat mixture before serving it over fresh lettuce.
Enjoy the simplicity and incredible flavors of this Salsa Verde Beef Taco Salad. Let the slow cooker do the work while you go about your day, and return home to a satisfying meal that will please both your family and your taste buds.