- Place yeast and warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer; whisk to mix. Add flour and salt.
- Knead with dough hook until mixture forms a soft, sticky dough ball and easily pulls away from the sides and the hook, about 5 minutes. (If still too sticky, add a bit more flour and knead a few more seconds.) Transfer dough to a work surface and form into a smooth ball. Place dough back in the mixing bowl. Drizzle the dough and sides of bowl a few drops of vegetable oil. Spread a film of oil over the surface of the dough.
- Cover the bowl and transfer to a warm, draft-free place until dough is doubled in size, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Form into a rectangle shape and cut into 6 equal pieces. Using your cupped hand and the work surface, roll each section of dough into a smooth round ball. Cover with a clean, dry cloth and let rest 15 minutes.
- Flatten dough balls into 6- or 7-inch long ovals. Starting with a long edge, roll the dough into a cylinder, applying extra pressure to the ends to form pointy tips for a classic French roll shape. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets (do not crowd them) and cover with clean dry towels until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom rack.
- With a very sharp knife, score each roll about 1/4 inch deep along one side somewhere between the side and the top. Spritz loaves lightly with water from a spray bottle.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes. Spritz loaves again and rotate pans for a more even bake. Bake until loaves are golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool completely before cutting.
Cook’s Note:19 ounces of bread flour equals about 4 1/4 cups.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Sandwich Buns on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Sandwich Buns