Chicken Cacciatore Sandwich
Updated on November 7, 2021
2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
7 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 fluid ounces sherry wine
1 ounce capers
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
3 cups marinara sauce
2 pounds shredded cooked chicken breast
8 (6 inch) hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
8 slices provolone cheese
¼ cup sliced black olives, or to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sherry, capers, oregano, and basil; cook until 1/2 of the sherry has cooked out. Add marinara sauce. Stir in chicken and cook until sauce has reduced by a third, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the sauce is reducing, set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Place split hoagie rolls on a baking sheet and top each with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and rolls are toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fill each toasted bun with chicken mixture and top with sliced olives.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Sandwich with Chicken Cacciatore on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Sandwich with Chicken Cacciatore