- Whisk buttermilk, salt, hot sauce, and ranch dressing mix together in a large bowl. Cut diagonal slits into the thick ends of chicken breasts and toss into marinade until well coated. Transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the breading: Mix flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, cayenne, and ranch dressing mix together in a shallow dish.
- Make the wash: Whisk egg, buttermilk, and milk together in another bowl until combined.
- Use a fork to pull chicken from marinade, letting any excess drip off. Dip into the breading to coat both sides; shake off any excess. Dip into egg wash mixture to saturate surface; return to breading to coat, shake off excess, and repeat once more. Let sit on a wire rack to dry, at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to between 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry chicken breasts in the hot oil until golden, crispy, and no longer pink in the centers, 4 to 5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a plate topped with crinkled up aluminum foil to prevent bottoms from getting soggy.
- Spread mayonnaise over hamburger bun halves. Stuff with pickles and chicken.
Chef’s Notes:You really want to do this with a smaller, flatter breast than the one I used in the video. The meat-to-crunchy coating ratio should be closer to 2-to-1 than 4-to-1.You can also pan-fry this in about 1 inch of oil in a cast iron skillet.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Sandwiches Made Like Fried Chicken on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Sandwiches Made Like Fried Chicken