Shredded Mexican Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
Published on February 24, 2020
4 hrs 20 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
2 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 ¾ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
olive oil, or as needed
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- Mix chile powder, paprika, onion, garlic, and cumin together in a small bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Lightly coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Coat all sides of chicken with seasoning mix.
- Pour 1/2 of the salsa in a slow cooker and spread to cover the bottom. Place chicken on top and cover with remaining salsa.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 4 hours, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Shred chicken with tongs and stir thoroughly so it can absorb remaining juices in the slow cooker.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Shredded Mexican Chicken in the Slow Cooker on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Shredded Mexican Chicken in the Slow Cooker