- Combine shrimp, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and Aleppo pepper flakes in a bowl; toss to coat shrimp completely in oil and spices.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Cook shrimp in a single layer in the hot skillet until the bottoms are browned, about 2 minutes. Turn shrimp and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute more. Transfer shrimp to a clean bowl.
- Heat the same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion with a pinch of salt in the hot skillet until onions are slightly golden and translucent, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and oregano; cook and stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
- Pour white wine into onions; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add crushed tomatoes and lower heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until tomato mixture thickens and flavors blend, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the skillet along with any accumulated juices in the bowl. Cook until shrimp are reheated, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir parsley and basil into sauce; season with salt, red pepper flakes, and Aleppo pepper flakes.
Chef’s Note:You can substitute 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano for 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Shrimp Fra Diavolo by Chef John on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Shrimp Fra Diavolo by Chef John