Herb-Roasted Turkey Ingredients· Turkey: This recipe calls for a 12-pound turkey with the neck and giblets removed. If your turkey is larger or smaller, you’ll need to adjust your ratios.
· Oil: Olive oil keeps the turkey moist through the cooking process. Plus, it gives the seasonings something to hold onto.
· Spices: This recipe is seasoned with a savory blend of five herbs and spices (more on that below).
Best Seasoning for TurkeyWhat sets this herb-roasted turkey apart? The spice blend, of course! This recipe calls for garlic powder, dried basil, ground sage, salt, and black pepper. Of course, you can add other spices and seasonings to suit your taste — reviewers say rosemary and thyme perfectly complement the other flavors.
How to Make Herb-Roasted TurkeyYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this top-rated herb-roasted turkey recipe:1. Make herb blend: Combine olive oil, garlic powder, basil, sage, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Season the turkey: Make sure the turkey is clean and dry, then place it in a roasting pan. Use a basting brush to apply the herb blend all over the turkey.
3. Roast the turkey: Pour two cups of water in the bottom of the roasting pan. Cover the pan and roast in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F. Let it rest for about 30 minutes before carving.
More Turkey FAQsHere at Allrecipes, we know a thing or two about cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast — that’s why we’ve made it our mission to answer your most burning turkey questions. Check out some of our best turkey tips, tricks, and guides from over the years:· How to Brine a Turkey
· 3 Ways to Safely Thaw a Frozen Turkey
· How Much Turkey Per Person Do You Need?
· How to Truss a Turkey the Easy Way
· How to Smoke a Turkey
· How to Stuff a Turkey
· How to Carve a Turkey the Easy WayExplore our entire collection of Thanksgiving Tips and Tricks.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“Everyone LOVED the turkey,” says Letty. “It was so tender and juicy. The flavors even seeped all the way into the meat found closest to the bones. Absolutely awesome!”“This is our tried and true Thanksgiving turkey,” raves Angela Barton. “We add rosemary. Make sure to get the mixture in between the skin and breast like a rub.”“My family loved it,” according to costdirect. “With such a simple recipe one can begin to experiment with the different herb/spice combinations. I now recommend this recipe to anyone who wants to cook a turkey for the first time or just wants a flavorful turkey.”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Simple Herb-Roasted Turkey on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Simple Herb-Roasted Turkey