Simple Leek Patties with Vegetables
Simple Vegetarian Leek Patties
Published on November 3, 2020
1 large leek
water to cover
1 large egg
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- Halve leek lengthwise and rinse under running water. Separate the layers to remove any sand. Cut each half down the centre and thinly slice.
- Place leeks in a pot and add enough water so that leeks float but are not covered. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain off excess water and return leeks to the pot.
- Return the pot to the stove and simmer until all excess liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer leeks to a bowl and add egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Heat enough oil in a nonstick skillet to just cover the bottom. Heat on medium-high heat until oil shimmers. Use wet hands to form each portion into a 3-inch patty.
- Place the patties into the hot skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Simple Leek Patties with Vegetables on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Simple Leek Patties with Vegetables