Slow Cooker Apples and Honey Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken with Apples and Honey
Published on October 18, 2020
3 hrs 25 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
1 (1.5 pound) package small yellow-fleshed potatoes
3 pounds skin-on, boneless chicken thighs
3 small apples, peeled and diced
½ medium sweet onion, diced
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup honey
⅓ cup applesauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chop any large potatoes in half.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add chicken thighs on top of potatoes, and spread apples and onion over top.
- Mix chicken broth, honey, applesauce, garlic, salt, cinnamon, cumin, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over chicken mixture.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 4 to 6 hours on Low, or about 3 hours on High. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove chicken thighs from the slow cooker and place, skin-side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with potatoes, apples, onions, and sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Slow Cooker Apples and Honey Chicken on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Slow Cooker Apples and Honey Chicken