- Pour 1 1/4 cups warm water into a medium bowl. Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center; add yeast mixture and oil. Mix well and form into a dough. If mixture is dry, add one or two more tablespoons of water.
- Knead dough until smooth, about 7 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Pour 4 cups hot water into a large bowl. Stir in baking soda until dissolved; set aside.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. Once all of the dough is shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda-hot water solution and place on the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 8 minutes.
TipsYou may substitute 2 tablespoons garlic salt or cinnamon sugar for the kosher salt if you wish.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soft Pretzels with Butter on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soft Pretzels with Butter