Soup with Chicken and Quinoa
Chicken Quinoa Soup
Published on April 4, 2019
1 hrs 33 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
3 cups water
1 cup quinoa
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups chopped spinach leaves
½ teaspoon dried marjoram
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon crushed bay leaf
⅓ cup cornstarch
¼ cup cold water
- Bring 3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the Dutch oven. Add spinach leaves, marjoram, oregano, basil, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Stir in cooked quinoa. Return chicken to the Dutch oven; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl. Pour slowly into the Dutch oven; cook, stirring occasionally, until soup thickens, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soup with Chicken and Quinoa on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soup with Chicken and Quinoa