Cream of Salmon Soup
Updated on August 22, 2022
1 hrs 10 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
Puff Pastry Triangles:
1 ½ tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
18 ounces salmon fillets, diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 ½ cups fish stock
½ cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
1 pinch saffron
salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lay puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin. Brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press in firmly. Cut puff pastry first into squares, then into triangles, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until triangles are puffed up and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add salmon and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in fish stock and white wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch and a little bit of water into a paste. Add to soup and bring to a boil. Cook until soup thickens, about 5 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in cream and saffron. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish soup with dill and serve with puff pastry triangles.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soup with Cream of Salmon on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soup with Cream of Salmon