- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat until foamy, about 1 minute. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups chicken stock into the onion mixture, and bring to a full boil; stir in fiddleheads, carrot, and potato. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Blend soup until smooth with a hand-held blender. Stir in cream; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Taste soup, and stir in Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. If you prefer a thinner soup, add additional chicken stock up to 2 cups. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with Cheddar cheese.
Cook’s Notes:Be sure to thoroughly soak and rinse your fiddleheads, as they can hold a lot of grit in their tight curls. This recipe also works well with asparagus or broccoli and is one of the easiest cream soup bases I have ever used.
Editor’s Note:Alternatively, blend the soup in a blender, filling the carafe no more than half full. Cover and hold the lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Purée in batches until smooth. Return the soup to the pot.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soup with Fiddleheads on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soup with Fiddleheads