Soup with Oxtails
Updated on September 15, 2022
3 hrs 20 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
2 ounces dried mushrooms
3 pounds beef oxtail
6 cups water, divided
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 parsnip, sliced
1 turnip, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons brandy (Optional)
½ cup barley
3 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon dried savory
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Trim off fat from oxtails. Spread on a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast oxtails in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- While oxtails are roasting, rehydrate dried mushrooms in hot water in a small bowl for 30 to 45 minutes. Drain, slice, and set aside.
- Transfer roasted oxtails to a plate and set aside. Drain fat from the roasting pan, reserving about 2 tablespoons. Add 1 cup water to the roasting pan. Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly, to dissolve browned bits. Set aside.
- Add reserved fat to a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, carrots, parsnip, turnip, and mushrooms in fat until soft, about 10 minutes. Add browned oxtails. Drizzle brandy on top. Ignite.
- Pour reserved water and browning over oxtails and vegetables. Add remaining 5 cups water. Add barley, salt, savory, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Adjust seasonings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soup with Oxtails on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soup with Oxtails