- Cover pinto beans with water in a bowl and allow to soak overnight. Drain.
- Melt butter in a 6-quart stock pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in butter until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic into onion mixture until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Stir beef broth, tomato juice, sugar, and drained pinto beans into the vegetable mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Mix potatoes, carrots, oregano, salt, and black pepper into the bean soup; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place smoked sausage on a baking sheet.
- Bake sausage in the preheated oven until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cut sausage into quarters, then slice. Add sausage and parsley to the soup; continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
Cook’s Note:After I broil and cut the sausages I pat down in paper towels to remove some of the grease.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soup with Pinto Beans and Sausage on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soup with Pinto Beans and Sausage