- Place bacon in a Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon pieces on paper towels. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease from pot.
- Melt butter in the pot with the remaining bacon grease over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno. Sautee until just softened, 5 or 6 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Whisk in flour and stir until completely incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Gradually whisk in Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth, stirring to prevent flour from clumping. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and green chilies; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until vegetables begin to soften, about 12 minutes
- Stir in frozen corn and chopped chicken. Add 1/2 cup of cooked bacon pieces. Add half and half; stir. Reduce heat to low; simmer very slowly until chicken and corn are heated through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Stir in 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese until cheese melts.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with reserved bacon, grated Cheddar cheese, cilantro, and green onions.
TipsAllstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Soup with Southwestern Chicken and Corn on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Soup with Southwestern Chicken and Corn