Spicy Edamame Kimchi Rice Patties
Kimchi Rice Patties with Spicy Edamame
Published on July 10, 2022
1 hrs 30 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ cup chopped kimchi, squeezed dry
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
12 ounces frozen edamame in the pod
1 tablespoon chili oil
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
sliced green onions (Optional)
- Stir together water, rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, about 10 minutes. Let cool, about 30 minutes. (You should have 3 cups rice.)
- Meanwhile, line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper. Put rice, kimchi, flour, egg, and remaining salt in a large bowl. Using your hands, gently combine. Shape rice mixture into 8 patties, 1/3 cup mixture each. Put patties on the prepared tray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an extra-large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 4 patties, turning once halfway through, until brown and crispy, about 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining oil and 4 patties.
- Meanwhile, steam edamame according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add chili oil and soy sauce and toss until coated.
- For sauce, stir together mayonnaise, gochujang, and vinegar until smooth.
- Serve patties with steamed edamame and sauce. Top with green onion (if using).
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Spicy Edamame Kimchi Rice Patties on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Spicy Edamame Kimchi Rice Patties