Stew with Lentils and Chicken Sausage
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Add lentils to the boiling water, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let cook until soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Puree the lentils into a thick paste using a food processor or blender.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth and continue to cook until the onion starts to soften, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes to the broth and stir until the liquid is very orange. Stir in tomatoes and another 1/2 cup of broth. Cover and cook, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add remaining broth. Gradually stir lentil puree, a little at a time, until it is all mixed in. The mixture should be thick and creamy. Stir in chicken sausage. Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and cook, checking and stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool for 2 minutes, then serve warm.
Cook’s Notes:I’ve had great luck with Al Fresco(R) chicken sausage–jalapeno and garlic flavors both work well for this dish. Find one that works for you.I haven’t tried it, but this would almost definitely work well in a slow cooker.Try with tofu and vegetable broth to make it vegan.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Stew with Lentils and Chicken Sausage on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Stew with Lentils and Chicken Sausage