- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice peppers 1/2-inch from the top; cut out stems and set aside tops. Cut core from the inside of peppers and strip away any seeds. Cut off a thin slice from the bottoms so peppers can stand upright. Poke about 4 tiny holes in the bottoms to let juices drain.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add onion, beef broth, and red pepper flakes; spread out mixture evenly over the bottom. Set bell peppers upright in the dish.
- Combine ground beef, cooked rice, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly stuff peppers with meat mixture. Spread 1 tablespoon tomato sauce on top of each portion of stuffing; place reserved tops onto peppers. Lay a piece of parchment paper loosely on top of peppers and cover the dish tightly with foil. Place the dish on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers have softened slightly, about 1 hour. Remove foil and parchment paper. Continue baking until meat filling is cooked through and peppers are tender, 20 to 30 more minutes.
- Sprinkle each pepper with 1/2 teaspoon parsley and drizzle with a spoonful of pan juices.
Chef John’s Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers.Chef John
Chef’s Notes:I use parchment paper in this recipe because I don’t like foil touching acidic things while they bake.If you don’t use the baking sheet, your peppers will bake faster.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Stuffed Bell Peppers with Beef and Rice on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Stuffed Bell Peppers with Beef and Rice