- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch pan.
- Combine cornbread mix, 1 cup milk, and eggs in a bowl. Mix until well blended; batter will be lumpy. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and let cool enough to handle, 15 to 30 minutes. Crumble and set aside in a bowl.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserve 2 tablespoons grease in the pan. Let bacon cool slightly, about 5 minutes; crumble and set aside.
- Heat reserved bacon grease over medium-high heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, and celery in the hot grease until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add corn, cream-style corn, remaining milk, chopped jalapenos, pimentos, sugar, and salt. Cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in bacon and sauteed vegetables. Stir in 2 cups crumbled cornbread. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and stir into remaining 1/2 cup crumbled cornbread; sprinkle over stuffing mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumbs are light brown, about 10 minutes. Garnish with sliced jalapenos.
Cook’s Note:For cornbread, look for the preferred 2 tubes refrigerated cornbread twists – you can use these instead of 3 packages of cornbread (corn muffin) mix.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Stuffing with Jalapeno-Bacon on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Stuffing with Jalapeno-Bacon