Stuffing with Sausage and Sourdough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking dish.
- Heat 1/2 cup water in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking it up into 1-inch pieces until no longer pink and most of the water has evaporated. Drain and discard any grease.
- Add butter and increase heat. As sausage starts to sizzle, add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook to a light to medium brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and bring to a gentle boil. Add parsley, sage, and rosemary; cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add bread cubes and turn gently to moisten, being careful not to break them. Add more chicken broth in 1/4-cup increments, if needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper, being careful not to burn yourself. Transfer stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden brown, another 30 minutes.
Cook’s Note:If you’re planning to stuff a turkey, follow instructions through step 4. Then let stuffing cool down and refrigerate until ready to stuff the turkey. The stuffing should be close to the same temperature as the turkey.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Stuffing with Sausage and Sourdough on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Stuffing with Sausage and Sourdough