Halloween Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1 ½ cups sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
3 tablespoons Almond Breeze Original almondmilk, or as required
Decorator sugar or sprinkles
4 cups powdered sugar
¾ cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
Almond Breeze 3 tablespoons More vanilla almondmilk as required
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, scraping sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cream of tartar. Mix on low speed until well mixed. Add 2 tablespoons of the original almond milk and beat until smooth.
- Form into 1 1/4 inch balls, using rounded tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Spray flat bottom of measuring cup or drinking glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Press each cookie flat, dipping into sugar every other time.
- If desired, lightly brush tops of cookies with remaining almondmilk and sprinkle with colored decorator sugar or sprinkles or leave plain and frost when cooled.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to cooling racks.
- In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3/4 cup shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the vanilla almondmilk with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, adding almondmilk for desired spreading consistency. Tint as desired with food coloring. Frost and decorate cookies as you like.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Sugar Cookies for Halloween on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Sugar Cookies for Halloween