Suikerbrood Fries (Frisian Sugar Bread)
- Combine milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, and yeast in a small bowl. Let stand until yeast is frothy, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl. Place 1 tablespoon in a separate bowl; reserve for glazing.
- Sift flour into a large bowl; mix in salt. Add yeast mixture, beaten egg, 2 tablespoons ginger syrup, and 1 1/2 tablespoon melted butter. Knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Grease a large bowl with 1 teaspoon oil. Place dough in the greased bowl. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Grease a 2-pound disposable loaf pan with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and ginger syrup over the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Mix pearl sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Roll dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured work surface. Sprinkle 1/2 of the pearl sugar mixture on top; knead until evenly incorporated. Roll out again and add remaining pearl sugar mixture; knead until evenly incorporated.
- Shape dough into a loaf; place seam-side down in the prepared pan. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush top of loaf with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly in the pan before slicing, about 10 minutes.
Cook’s Note:It is preferable to use a disposable aluminum foil loaf pan instead of a regular pan to avoid the sugar doing any damage. Try searching online. However, in a pinch, line your loaf pan with foil to protect it.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Suikerbrood Fries (Frisian Sugar Bread) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Suikerbrood Fries (Frisian Sugar Bread)