Cornbread IngredientsIt’s easy to make this cornbread recipe with basic, budget-friendly ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:· Flour: This sweet cornbread recipe starts with a cup of all-purpose flour.
· Cornmeal: Opt for yellow cornmeal for this recipe, as it’s sweeter than its white counterpart.
· Sugar: Use ⅔ cup white sugar for the perfect amount of sweetness.
· Baking powder: Baking powder acts as a leavener, which means it helps the cornbread rise.
· Salt: A teaspoon of salt enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
· Milk: Use whole milk, 2% milk, or your favorite alternative milk to add moisture and help create the perfect batter consistency.
· Oil: A neutral oil, such as vegetable oil, keeps the cornbread nice and moist.
· Egg: One egg lends moisture and acts as a binding agent.
How to Make CornbreadYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this homemade cornbread:Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add the wet ingredients and whisk until well-combined. Pour in a prepared cake pan and bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean.
What Goes With Cornbread?Cornbread is great with just about anything, but it pairs especially well with hearty soups, stews, and chilis. Explore these mouthwatering collections for delicious serving inspiration:
· Our 20 Top-Rated Soups Give You Comfort By the Bowlful
· Our 15 Best Stew Recipes of All Time Are the Perfect Comfort Food
· 16 of the World’s Best Savory Beef Stew Recipes
How to Store CornbreadWrap the cooled cornbread in storage wrap or place it in a shallow, airtight container. Store it at room temperature for up to two days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can You Freeze Cornbread?Yes! You can freeze cornbread for up to three months. Allow it to cool, then transfer it to a zip-top freezer bag (make sure to squeeze out the excess air) or freezer-safe container. Wrap in a layer of foil for extra protection. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Reheat CornbreadThe best way to reheat cornbread is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the cornbread pieces on a baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 10 minutes. If the leftover cornbread seems dry, top it with butter to restore the moisture.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“My family loved, loved, loved this,” raves Jo Ann Gantner. “This will be the only cornbread I make any more. The kids like me to make muffins and keep them on the counter in an airtight container for snacking instead of brownies or cookies. They stay ‘fresh’ for several days.”“I make this often,” says one Allrecipes community member. “Everyone loves it. I have added jarred jalapeños for a spicy kick. It’s a great recipe if you like sweet cornbread.”
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Sweet Golden Cornbread on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Sweet Golden Cornbread