Sweet Potato Stew with Spicy Vegetables
Spicy Vegetarian Sweet Potato Stew
Published on February 9, 2018
9 hrs 35 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
1 (16 ounce) package dry kidney beans
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ medium red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable broth, or more as needed
2 medium tomatoes, diced, or more to taste
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
½ medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup frozen corn
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place beans in a large bowl with 10 cups water. Soak at room temperature for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans and transfer to a large pot. Cover with 10 cups fresh water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until they reach desired tenderness, about 45 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups broth, tomatoes, bell pepper, and sweet potato. Season with chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally to keep stew from sticking, until potatoes are tender but not mushy, 10 to 20 minutes, adding more broth if it gets too thick.
- Stir in kidney beans and corn. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Sweet Potato Stew with Spicy Vegetables on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Sweet Potato Stew with Spicy Vegetables