- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and a large pinch of salt. Saute until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and poblano peppers. Season with black pepper, cumin, and oregano. Cook and stir until peppers start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add chipotles and adobo sauce. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Add turkey and half the Cheddar cheese to the pepper mixture. Add enchilada sauce, remaining salt, and chicken broth. Stir mixture and pour it into a 9×12-inch baking dish; place dish over a sheet pan to catch drippings.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, and kosher salt together in a large bowl. Add eggs and milk; whisk into a thin batter. Ladle batter over the turkey mixture. Scatter remaining Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is browned and a toothpick comes out clean, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Chef’s Notes:You can sub in virtually any other meat and/or vegetable for the turkey, and it should work just as well.If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can use 3/4 cup all-purpose flour sifted with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon fine table salt.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Tamale Pie with Turkey on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Tamale Pie with Turkey