The Very Best Buttery Basil Biscuits
Best Buttery Basil Biscuits
Published on February 12, 2020
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tablespoons dried basil, divided, or to taste
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided, or to taste
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup butter
½ cup milk, or more as needed
⅓ teaspoon pesto
4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Sift flour, 1 tablespoon basil, baking powder, 2 teaspoons salt, and cayenne together in a bowl. Blend in 1/2 cup butter using a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk slowly, working the dough as you add. Mix in pesto.
- Chill the dough for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Work the dough on a floured surface until no longer sticky. Roll to your desired thickness and cut into 12 medium biscuits using a round cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet and spread the tops of each with about 1/3 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with remaining dried basil and salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes, turning them over after 10 minutes have passed so that the top browns a little too.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic The Very Best Buttery Basil Biscuits on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about The Very Best Buttery Basil Biscuits