- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add sausage links; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove links from broth; reserve the broth. Remove casings from the sausage.
- Bring the broth back to a simmer and add the quahogs; cook until they open, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the quahogs; reserve the broth. Remove the cooked quahogs from the shells. Separate the shell halves. If necessary wash the shells.
- Place the sausage and quahog meat into the bowl of a food processor; process until chopped, about 12 seconds, depending on your processor. Scrape mixture into a bowl. Add chopped onion to the processor; chop about 5 seconds. Stir in to the meat mixture.
- Make the full container of stuffing according to package directions, using the margarine, and substituting the sausage/clam broth for water. There may be more broth than you need.
- Mix together the stuffing and sausage/clam/onion mixture. Spoon filling into empty clam shell halves and top each with a small pat of butter (about a third of a teaspoon).
- Place the shells on a baking pan; bake in the preheated oven until toasty brown on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook’s NotesIf quahogs are unavailable, you can use large chowder clams.To prepare in advance, you can wrap the prepared stuffed clams in foil to bake later. If you bake them wrapped in foil, they will have a softer texture than those baked uncovered.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Tim O’Toole’s Well-Known Stuffed Quahogs on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Tim O’Toole’s Well-Known Stuffed Quahogs