Homemade Tomato Soup
Updated on October 25, 2021
1 hrs 55 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
6 pounds tomatoes, halved, or more to taste
8 cloves unpeeled garlic, or more to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons coarse salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 teaspoons white sugar, or more to taste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 cups vegetable stock
½ cup heavy cream (Optional)
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange tomatoes cut-side up on 1 or 2 large 4-sided baking pans. Place unpeeled garlic on top of tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Cook onion, sugar, and oregano in the hot butter until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Peel roasted garlic and add to the pot. Add roasted tomatoes and their juices. Pour in vegetable stock. Cover and let soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree soup using an electric blender working in batches, using extreme caution with hot liquids; vent the lid a bit and cover with a old towel. Force puree through a mesh strainer into another pot, discarding solids.
- Stir in heavy cream and season soup with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Tomato Soup from Scratch on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Tomato Soup from Scratch