- Place sliced potatoes in a medium bowl and cover with cold water.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper together in a separate medium bowl. Add milk and egg; stir until batter is smooth. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain and pat dry potatoes. Fry in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Dredge cod in batter, one piece at a time, and place in hot oil. Fry fish in batches until golden brown on all sides; drain on paper towels. Monitor oil temperature, increasing the heat as needed to maintain 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry potatoes again in hot oil until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of batter ingredients. The actual amount of batter consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Traditional fish and chips on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Traditional fish and chips