- In a small saucepan, heat milk until hot, but not boiling; mix in 1/2 cup sugar, salt, lemon zest, and butter. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. In a small bowl, mix together yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 cup water; stir into milk. Beat in 2 eggs and egg yolks. Mix in 3 cups flour. Cover, and let rise in a warm place.
- Mix in the raisins and nuts. Gradually mix in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Place dough in a well-oiled bowl, cover, and set aside to rise.
- Divide dough into 3 balls. Roll each ball out into a thick log, braid, and tuck the ends under. Place on a large cookie sheet, and set aside to rise one more time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Brush beaten egg over the dough. It gives a shine to it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Great-grandmother’s NotesIt does give a large cake. I make 2 of them and bake it in a big cookie tin. Most people put frosting on top, but I dont. I just love it. There is not much sugar in it. It really does require a little work, because you have to leave it rise three times. I really always put 1 cup raisins in it. Also take 2 cups milk. Then just add a little more flour. As long as you go through the work, might as well make a little more.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Traditional Stollen on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Traditional Stollen