Turkey Breast Sous Vide
- Prepare a thermocirculator and water bath according to manufacturer’s directions. Set thermocirculator to 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) and allow water bath to come up to temperature.
- Season turkey breast evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and transfer to a large vacuum-sealable bag; arrange thyme sprigs, sage sprigs, and butter cubes around turkey breast in the bag. Seal bag with a vacuum sealer according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer vacuum-sealed turkey breast to warm water bath with thermocirculator, cover vessel with aluminum foil to reduce evaporation, and cook for 2 hours.
- While turkey is cooking, cook sugar in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, without stirring, until deeply caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and carefully add vinegar (mixture will begin to boil immediately and sugar will crystalize), and cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Add blood orange juice, increase heat to medium-high, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until bubbles begin to thicken slightly and mixture becomes syrup-like in consistency, 10 to 12 minutes; season with salt to taste. Remove blood orange mixture (gastrique) from heat and set aside at room temperature to cool slightly until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) with an oven rack positioned in top third of oven.
- Remove turkey breast from bag and transfer to a rimmed sheet pan lined with aluminum foil and fitted with a wire rack; discard contents remaining in bag (the meat will be at 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) when pulled from water bath).
- Gently pat turkey breast dry with paper towels and brush turkey skin with oil; season turkey breast evenly with remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper. Place turkey breast, skin-side up, on the prepared sheet pan.
- Cook in the preheated oven until skin is crispy and golden brown, and a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 155 degrees F (68 degrees C), 12 to 15 minutes. Remove turkey breast from oven and let rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Using a knife, carefully remove turkey breast from bone; discard bones. Slice turkey breast against the grain into 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick pieces; serve with blood orange gastrique.
Cook’s Note:Be careful when vacuum sealing the turkey breasts so that the bones don’t piece the bag.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Turkey Breast Sous Vide on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Turkey Breast Sous Vide