Turkey Brined in Dry Vinegar
- Mix salt, brown sugar, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Rinse turkey in cold water; pat dry inside and out. Place turkey in a shallow baking pan. Rub outside with half of the salt mixture. Separate skin from the breast meat; rub remaining salt mixture between skin and breast meat. Place uncovered in the refrigerator, 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator. Let sit until room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey with cold water to remove salt mixture; place into a roasting pan. Stuff turkey cavity with celery, onion, and carrots. Separate turkey skin from the breast meat; rub softened butter onto breast meat. Pour chicken broth over the turkey.
- Bake turkey in preheated oven, breast side up, for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C); cook, basting occasionally, until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 30 minutes before slicing.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Turkey Brined in Dry Vinegar on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Turkey Brined in Dry Vinegar