Upside-Down Pear and Cranberry Cake
Pear and Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
Published on November 23, 2018
1 hrs 50 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
½ cup unsalted butter
4 cups white sugar, divided
5 medium pears – peeled, cored and sliced
½ (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup vanilla soy milk
⅔ cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cut a rectangle out of waxed paper to fit an 8×12-inch cake pan. Spray the pan with cooking spray, then place waxed paper liner over the bottom.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add 2 cups sugar and cook until sugar has dissolved and mixture is bubbling, about 3 minutes. Add pear slices; reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add cranberries.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Combine remaining 2 cups sugar, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in another bowl using a hand mixer until cake batter is smooth. Gradually mix in dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour pear-cranberry mixture into the prepared cake pan. Use a spatula to spread cake batter evenly on top of fruit.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Place a platter on top of the cake pan and carefully flip the pan and platter over, allowing the cake to settle on the platter. Lift cake pan off and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Upside-Down Pear and Cranberry Cake on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Upside-Down Pear and Cranberry Cake