Pineapple Upside-Down Cake IngredientsIt’s easy to make this pineapple upside-down cake with convenient ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:· Butter: This pineapple upside-down cake recipe starts by melting butter in a cast iron skillet.
· Brown sugar: Brown sugar is sprinkled over the melted butter, resulting in a perfectly caramelized topping.
· Fruit: You’ll need a can of pineapple slices and jarred maraschino cherries.
· Cake mix: Prepare a white cake mix according to the package directions. You’ll likely need water, oil, and eggs. Some reviewers suggest using a yellow or lemon cake mix.
How to Make Pineapple Upside-Down CakeYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below – but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this top-rated pineapple upside-down cake:1. Make the topping: Melt butter in a cast iron skillet, then remove from heat. Sprinkle brown sugar over the butter, then arrange the pineapple slices and cherries in a single layer.
2. Add the cake mix: Prepare the white cake mix according to the directions on the package. Pour the batter over the fruit.
3. Bake the cake: Bake the pineapple upside-down cake in a preheated oven according to the cake mix directions. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a plate.
Nicole’s Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Tips“Vintage desserts are the best desserts,” according to culinary producer Nicole McLaughlin (a.k.a. NicoleMcMom). So it’s no surprise that she loves this fruity, moist, and perfectly sweet cake. Here are a few of her favorite tips for making the best pineapple upside-down cake of your life:
· Don’t let the cake cool completely in the skillet, as this could cause sticking. Nicole likes to let it sit for about 10 minutes – then she releases it from the pan while it’s still warm. She also loosens the side with an offset spatula before turning the cake out.
· This gorgeous cake is perfect for serving as-is. However, Nicole likes to finish each slice off with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and another cherry.
Can You Make Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Ahead of Time?Yes! This pineapple upside-down cake makes a great make-ahead dessert. Follow the storage instructions below for more details.
How to Store Pineapple Upside-Down CakeYou can store pineapple upside-down cake at room temperature in an airtight container for 1-2 days. In the refrigerator, it will last up to four days.
Can You Freeze Pineapple Upside-Down Cake?Yes, you can freeze pineapple upside-down cake for up to three months. Wrap the cooled cake tightly in one layer of storage wrap and one layer of aluminum foil. You can place the wrapped cake in a storage container for added protection. Thaw (in the wrap and foil) at room temperature or in the fridge.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“Great and easy cake,” according to Trish Willis. “I brought it to dinner at a friend’s and everyone loved it. I have to say that I used a lemon cake mix and added coconut after the pineapple. Turned out perfect!”
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Upside-Down Pineapple Cake on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Upside-Down Pineapple Cake