Vegan Stir-Fry with High Protein
- Layer 2 folded dish towels on a cutting board and place tofu on top. Place 2 more folded dish towels and a heavy book on top. Press tofu for 5 to 10 minutes or longer. Cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add tofu and dry-fry until golden on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, about 5 minutes more.
- While tofu is frying, whisk soy sauce, agave nectar, Dijon mustard, ginger, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Stir in the fried tofu, coating thoroughly in the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate about 30 minutes or longer.
- Combine water and quinoa in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until quinoa is fluffy and water has been absorbed, 13 to 15 minutes. Monitor the quinoa while it cooks; add extra water if necessary.
- While quinoa is cooking, place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with 1 or 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Combine cooked quinoa, tofu and marinade, cooked sweet potatoes, onion, and peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
Cook’s Notes:You can use liquid aminos in place of soy sauce; 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard in place of the Dijon; chili powder in place of the cayenne, and maple syrup or honey (for a non-vegan recipe) in place of the agave. If you prefer, you can also substitute a red onion for the white onion.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Vegan Stir-Fry with High Protein on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Vegan Stir-Fry with High Protein