Verde Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Published on June 23, 2020
1 hrs 10 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
2 pounds tomatillos, husked and cut in half
2 bunches green onions, ends trimmed
5 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
4 cloves garlic, or more to taste
2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup chicken stock
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
12 corn tortillas
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine tomatillos, green onions, jalapeno peppers, and garlic together in a baking dish.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven until softened and fragrant, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C)
- Pour roasted vegetables, cilantro, chicken stock, lime juice, and salt into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until a smooth salsa consistency is reached.
- Place 6 tortillas, overlapping, in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover tortillas with 1/2 the chicken. Top chicken with 1/2 the mozzarella cheese and pour 1/2 the salsa over the cheese. Repeat layering process with remaining tortillas, chicken, mozzarella cheese, and salsa. Sprinkle crumbled queso fresco over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Verde Chicken Enchiladas on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Verde Chicken Enchiladas