Vindaloo Lamb Shank
- Place lamb shanks in a large resealable plastic bag. Whisk together cider vinegar, oil, salt, tamarind concentrate, and garam masala in a bowl, and pour into the bag. Squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Remove marinated lamb shanks and place on the prepared baking sheet. Season all sides with salt. Roast in the preheated oven until well-browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve marinade in the bag.
- Combine 1 onion, garlic, ginger, cherry tomatoes, and water in a blender and pulse on and off until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine cayenne pepper, paprika, cinnamon, cumin, dried mustard, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Melt clarified butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir 1 onion until softened and well-browned, about 30 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cayenne pepper mixture. Cook and stir until spices are aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Pour marinade from the bag into the stockpot, and stir in tomato-onion mixture and brown sugar. Bring mixture to a simmer. Place lamb shanks in the pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until meat is tender and easily pierced with a fork, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove lamb from the pot and cover with foil. Increase heat and simmer the sauce for a few minutes, skimming the fat from the top. Taste and add salt if needed. Serve lamb shanks with sauce spooned over the top. Garnish with cilantro.
Chef’s Note:To make clarified butter, melt the butter over low heat and skim off the white milk solids.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Vindaloo Lamb Shank on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Vindaloo Lamb Shank