Whipped Eggnog Cream on Gingerbread Cake Roll
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Spray the foil and the sides of the pan with nonstick spray.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar, molasses, and applesauce.
- Stir flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, allspice, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Lay a kitchen towel on a work surface and sprinkle liberally with 1/4 cup powdered sugar, or as needed. Remove cake from the oven and immediately turn out onto the towel.
- Start at the narrow end and roll the towel and cake together. Let sit until completely cool, about 2 hours. The cake will be sticky, soft, and spongy; it might come off a little on your fingers, but that’s okay.
- Place mascarpone cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or an electric wire whisk and gradually add vanilla, followed by 1 cup powdered sugar. Slowly add whipping cream and continue to beat until icing becomes light and fluffy. Mix in eggnog.
- Unroll the cooled cake and gently remove the towel. Spread about 1/2 of the filling over the cake, leaving about 1/2 inch uncovered at the edges. Start at the narrow end and re-roll the cake. As you roll, the filling will shift a little and you may need to remove some if you’ve put too much on; that’s okay, just have a knife handy to scrape off any excess as you roll.
- Cut into slices. Top with remaining filling and dust with cinnamon and powdered sugar. Or, wrap cake in plastic wrap before slicing, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
Cook’s Notes:For the cake, err on the side of overdone. For cake rolls, that makes them roll easier.You can make the cake a day ahead. Just wrap the cooled cake with plastic wrap overnight.Almond extract can be used instead of vanilla.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Whipped Eggnog Cream on Gingerbread Cake Roll on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Whipped Eggnog Cream on Gingerbread Cake Roll