- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine flour, white sugar, molasses, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Mix in vegetable oil and egg until combined. Pour in boiling water and whisk until smooth.
- Drop dough in balls onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart, using a 1-ounce cookie scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden, about 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring onto a rack to cool completely.
- Beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter, cream, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer on low until combined. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of filling onto the bottom of a cookie; top with another similarly sized cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. Chill for 30 minutes.
Cook’s Note:It is critical to weigh the flour for this recipe to work as seen in the video. Ten ounces by weight is about 2 cups by volume, but because flour can become quite compressed in the bag or canister, portioning by cup is not very accurate. If you are not going to weigh, only add about a cup and a half of flour, proceed as shown, and if the batter seems too thin after mixing, add more flour, little by little, until you have the thick batter seen in the video.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Whoopie Pies with Gingerbread Filling on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Whoopie Pies with Gingerbread Filling